Hi! I’m Melissa from The Sweet Escape. It’s a place were you can escape for a few minutes every day and be inspired by beautiful spaces, creative projects, entertaining ideas and lots of good eats. Today I thought I would share a wonderful summer event I hosted. The Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay was the star of the show and the inspiration for the menu. One of the delicious items on that menu was a potato rosemary pizza, a recipe I’m happy to be sharing with you.
Sure some simple fresh bread and cheese will be delicious with a bottle of Chardonnay but how about taking those flavors a step further with a potato rosemary pizza. The potato and mozzarella cheese pair beautifully with this creamy Chardonnay. The recipe even calls for Chardonnay so you know it will be a good match.
POTATO ROSEMARY PIZZA RECIPE
• Pre-made pizza dough
• 3-4 small red potatoes
• Olive oil
• Fresh rosemary
• Fresh thyme
• Salt and pepper
• 2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup minced shallot
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
• 1/3 cup Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and roll out your pizza dough on a greased or parchment covered pizza pan. If you have a pizza stone then adjust your time and temperature accordingly.
• Slice your potatoes nice and thin with a mandolin.
• Then on another pan, cover with foil and sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper. Lay the potatoes on top in one layer.
• Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until they just start to get golden. Remove and set aside.
Now to make the sauce:
• Finely chop your shallot and garlic
• Strip the thyme from its stem and finely chop
• In a medium saucepan melt 1 tbsp of the butter
• Add the shallot and sauté for about a minute then add garlic and thyme until garlic browns.
• Add the Chardonnay, salt & pepper and reduce the sauce to about 1/4 cup
• Remove from heat and add remaining 2 tbsp’s of butter and whisk until it thickens
• Spread the sauce on your dough followed by the mozzarella and potatoes. Sprinkle with fresh thyme & rosemary.
• Bake until crust is golden brown, approx. 20-30 minutes depending on how thick your crust is.
Serve warm or cold with Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay and enjoy!