We’re excited to share with you a recipe straight from one of our chef’s own creations: clams!
Pairing: Kendall-Jackson Grand Reserve Pinot Gris
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ cup spring onion, sliced thin
- ½ cup green garlic, green stem removed and white part sliced thin
- 48 Manila clams (3-4 lbs.), washed in cold water to remove sand
- 1 bulb fennel, cut in half and shaved thin
- 2 cups Pinot Grigio
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. each: parsley, tarragon, dill, chervil, chopped
- ½ lemon
- 2 Tbsp. crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
In a large pot with a wide surface area, heat oil. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic and cook on medium heat for 6 minutes until both are soft, stirring often. Add clams and fennel. Stir and cook another 3 minutes. Add wine and butter. Cover pot and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes until all of the clams are opened. Add herbs, crème fraîche and salt; stir to combine. Serve with warmed crusty bread to soak up the sauce!