Hi I’m Kimberly from A Night Owl Blog, a space where we share our latest DIY, craft and recipe endeavors. I recently held a little get together with a few girlfriends featuring fun and fresh Kendall-Jackson AVANT wines! Now we served up the K-J AVANT Chardonnay and K-J AVANT Sauvignon Blanc on ice. However, since we didn’t want to leave the K-J AVANT Red Blend out there on its own, we created this beautiful and clever DIY Terracotta Wine Stand!
I love terracotta. It is so versatile and can be made into so many more things than just a planter, like our stand! So let’s walk through the steps we took to make this stand so you can fashion your very own.
Terracotta bowl and lid
Adhesive (that will work on pottery, such as Weldbond)
Chalk paint – grey and white
- Simply glue the bottom rim of the planter to the bottom of the terracotta lid, making sure it’s centered.
- Once dry and secure (about one hour depending on adhesive used), paint on a thin layer of gray chalk paint. To get the right amount of coverage, dip your paint brush in water first, then in paint and dab on a paper towel.
- Next up, add your white layer the same, letting some of the gray still show through.
- Once the paint layers are dry, cover with a thin layer of sealing wax.
- We then added some antiquing stain to the finished product for a more complex, aged look.
And the result? A beautiful Terracotta Wine Stand.
It is a fairly simple project to put together but would add such a nice touch to your next party or get together, just like ours!