Celebrate the little things, like Tuesdays. Some think that Wednesdays can be the toughest day of the week, but we give that “honor” to Tuesdays. There has only been one day since the weekend, Monday, and we all seem to agree that Mondays aren’t the best. There are still three days until the weekend, Wine Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday and Glorious Friday. Tuesdays don’t have a great name, unless you count Taco Tuesday, but even then, it’s just about the food. We’re pretty sure you don’t want tacos every week. (Well, maybe…)
In general, Tuesdays are ignored, forgotten or passed over. We’re here to change that. Let’s revolutionize the work week, bringing Tuesday to the forefront! Tuesdays are now the day where you put your creativity to work, highlighting nothing but the fact that it’s one evening where you can do whatever you want, with whomever is ready.
Pop that bottle of K-J, text your friends and throw together a little something to share for dinner. Each week, try a new recipe or food & wine pairing to train that palate of yours. Try some suggestions from our list below or try something you’ve always wondered about. If it doesn’t go together, try a new pairing! Wine & food, food & wine – any way you look at it, you’ll have fun learning about the nuances in wine and how they balance your food choices.
Here are some easy pairings and links to recipes that are perfect for a revamped Tuesday:
K-J AVANT Sauvignon Blanc
Profile: Handcrafted and cold-fermented in stainless steel to preserve the grape’s alluring, fruit-forward aromatics layered with notes of lemongrass and subtle minerality.
- Meats & Fish: Lighter entrées such as shellfish, sushi, sole and chicken (try fish tacos!)
- Cheese & Nuts: Feta, chévre, pine nuts
- Fruits & Vegetables: Citrus fruits, melons, green apples, asparagus
- Sauces: All light sauces such as citrus sauce
- Grains: White rice, French bread
- Desserts: Light, fruity sweets such as sorbet and key lime pie
K-J AVANT Chardonnay
Profile: Crisp, bright and sleek, Kendall-Jackson AVANT Chardonnay is cold-fermented to retain green apple and lemon drop flavors.
- Meats & Fish: Pork loin, chicken, veal, grilled shrimp, crab and lobster
- Cheese & Nuts: Monterey jack, asiago, havarti, mozzarella, almonds
- Fruits & Vegetables: Avocado, potato, butternut squash, apples, peaches, mango (try guacamole!)
- Sauces: Creamy, mild and buttery sauces, pesto, tropical salsas
- Grains: Risotto, crackers
- Desserts: Apple, pecan and key lime pie, yellow and pound cake, banana pudding, caramel swirl ice cream
K-J AVANT Red Blend
Profile: Enticing aromas of ripe raspberry and bold black cherry are complemented by hints of spice and dark chocolate to deliver a smooth and lingering finish.
- Meats & Fish: Ttri-tip, hamburger and seared tuna
- Cheese & Nuts: Blue cheese, Camembert, toasted cashews (try cheesy fondue!)
- Fruits & Vegetables: Bell pepper, roasted shallots, boysenberry or plums
- Sauces: Bearnaise, marinara, mushroom
- Desserts: Dark chocolate torte, chocolate truffles dusted with cocoa powder
For more pairing tips, visit our website!